Friday, October 24, 2014

FREEZING PEOPLE’S INFLUENCE OUT OF YOUR LIFE

By Karen Howard

A friend recently asked me about freezing someone’s influence out of their life, and I shared the following personal experience.

Some years ago—in the days before newsletters were available on the Internet—I was invited to write articles about hypnosis for a New Age publication. Like Psychic-Magic, it was a non-professional newsletter where people shared ideas and information. Having studied hypnosis and taught with a couple of hypnosis schools, I was delighted to share with the newsletter’s readers. When the editor asked if I would answer reader questions, I enthusiastically said I would do so by mail and also made myself available to take phone calls one evening a week.

In the course of our conversation, one caller asked if I would hypnotize her over the phone. The schools where I had taught cautioned strongly against doing so, as there is no way to watch the client and gauge what's happening with him/her. I told the caller that my teachers and colleagues considered this an unethical practice. She angrily retorted that another hypnotist who contributed to the newsletter did it, and I told her she should contact that person because I was not comfortable doing it.

Knowing how difficult it is to keep ahead of deadlines, I sent several articles to the newsletter’s editor for upcoming issues, and was surprised a short time later to receive them back with a note that, in essence, said, “I know what you’re up to, and I won’t tolerate it.”

I was at a loss as to what the editor meant, and (in those pre-email days) wrote a short letter to ask if there was anything offensive in my articles, and if so, what it was so I could make changes. The editor fired back a response that left me more puzzled than ever. It gave no indication of what the editor thought I was “up to.” A flurry of letters arrived, each more vitriolic than the last.

I stopped all correspondence with the editor and thought that would be the end of it, but letters continued to pour in, each more nasty than the last. I tried several techniques to sever ties with the editor, but none seemed to work. That was when I decided to “freeze out” the editor.

Following instructions from a former client, I wrote the editor’s full name (as I knew it) on a piece of white paper. Using a tea cup, I next drew a circle around the name, and followed that up with a square (i.e., a fence) around the circle. I then put the paper in the freezer. The letters stopped and life went back to normal.

I later had a call from a friend who had also contributed to the newsletter, who told me, “I stopped writing for that publication long ago. The editor is irrational and has accused several contributors of doing terrible things.”

In that conversation I discovered that what the editor was accusing me of was calling the other hypnotist “unethical” and casting a spell to ruin her hypnosis business. That was never mentioned in her letters nor had she made any attempt to get my side of the incident. 

The lesson is that after freezing the editor out, I never received another letter. I frequently recommend this technique to clients who want to freeze out negative energies. If you have friends or relatives who use your freezer, you can put the paper with the name on it in an envelope.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment