Friday, May 27, 2016

FREAKY FRIDAY


We’ve all had “freaky” experiences, and here are some experiences of the strange and mystical kind.
FRAN FROM PISCATAWAY, NJ:
     Here’s a real Freaky Friday. I caught the chain of my favorite necklace on a button and the chain snapped. Later that day I bought a ticket in a raffle. One of the items being raffled was a beautiful sterling silver chain. Guess what I won? 

KAREN FROM FLORIDA:
Some years ago, I worked at a radio station situated between corn fields at the foot of a mountain in the middle of Pennsylvania. On Friday nights we aired local sports events, and I “manned the board”, made sure the game was on the air, then sat at the station alone until my relief arrived.
One particular Friday night I was having a terrible time getting the remote crew on the air. There was some kind of weird interference; I could hear them but they couldn’t hear anything from the station. After I finally got the game on the air the phone rang and a woman on the other end asked, “What’s that bright light over the mountains?” I looked out the window and, instead of total darkness, there was a bright light bathing the station. I could clearly see where the light ended—it didn’t fade, it simply ended like a focused beam. I didn’t want to look up; I didn’t want to know what might be hovering over our tower and shining the light down on the building. I simply said, “I don’t know and I don’t want to know” and hung up.
This was before I started reading about UFOs, though I had certainly heard of them. I knew they liked to hover over radio towers. Was there one right over my head? There was no reason why a bright light should be beaming down on the station. I’d like to think that if it happened today I’d be a little more adventurous—and maybe take a look.

MICHELE FROM MINNEAPOLIS, MN:
My friend Maureen and I are very much into metaphysical topics. We attend classes, workshops and seminars together, and share books, CDs and DVDs on New Age Topics.
While I was on vacation in another state, I went into a bookstore that had a wonderful used book section. I found a book I just knew Maureen would love, so I bought it and prepared to surprise her with it when I got home.
Imagine my surprise when Maureen said, “I got a present for you” and gave me the exact same book! She had found it at a yard sale and said, “I just knew you’d love it!”
The biggest “Freaky Friday” of this is that we’d bought the books on the same day and within hours of each other!

SUSAN (LOCATION NOT LISTED BY REQUEST):
When I was about seven or eight years old, I woke up late one night. There was a mirror in my bedroom, just across from my bed. It was on the wall, and not at eye level, so all I could see from my bed was the curtain on the window beside my bed and the wall behind my bed.
I was just staring at the mirror, trying to get back to sleep, when I was startled to see a face looking back at me! It looked like a little girl about the same age I was. I stared at her, she stared at me, and then she smiled. I knew it couldn’t be my own reflection, because I was across the room and out of range of the mirror. And I certainly wasn’t smiling!
I was too scared to get out of bed and get closer to the mirror. It would have meant standing on a step-stool to look in, and I didn’t want to take the chance of falling. I was curious to know if the room “inside” the mirror looked the same as mine, or if I was looking into another world.
The face appeared two or three times over a period of about a month, and then the girl disappeared and never came back.
I know I wasn’t dreaming, and the image of the face is as clear now as it was the first time I saw it. Can somebody explain what happened?

(NAME AND LOCATION WITHHELD ON REQUEST):
What makes this a Freaky Friday story is that it really happened on a Friday.
I’ll call my friend “Jane” because I don’t want to give her real name. We weren’t really close, but did spend time together now and then, although we didn’t share confidences.
I didn’t know it, but Jane was going through a very bad time. Her parents were getting divorced, her brother had been killed in Iraq, and she had just broken up with her boyfriend. Jane was quiet and kept to herself, so no one knew what was happening.
I was sitting in my room, watching TV. The only light was from the TV screen, and I had dozed a couple of times because it was late.
I suddenly jolted out of sleep to see a man looking at me out of the TV. I mean looking at me. This wasn’t a commercial. He spoke my name and I was suddenly wide awake.
 “You have to help Jane,” he told me. “She’s upset because of all that’s happening in her life. She has taken an overdose of pills and needs help.”
I didn’t know what to do. I had a vague idea where Jane lived but I didn’t have her phone number. I just sat and stared at the man on the TV screen.
 “You have to help her now!” he said urgently. And then he shocked me even more by giving me a phone number! He repeated it several times before I had the sense to write it down. And then the screen went black for a minute before returning to the show I’d been watching.
I dialed the phone number, convinced this was a joke. I had met Jane’s mother a couple of times, and recognized her voice when she answered the phone.
 “I think Jane needs help,” I told her. I didn’t want to tell her about the TV, so I said a friend of Jane’s had called and asked me to look in on her because he was concerned, but didn’t have her phone number. I said, “She has some pills, and he’s afraid she might take them all.”
Jane’s mom thanked me and hung up. I wasn’t sure what she would do, but I hoped she would check on Jane. It was a long time before I calmed down.
I found out from mutual friends that Jane had attempted suicide by taking pills. Her mother went to her apartment and found her and called an ambulance. Her mom didn’t remember my name, but she told the paramedics “a friend” called to check on Jane.
I never saw the face again, and I wonder if maybe he was Jane’s dead brother. He appeared just that once to give me the message and send help to Jane. She is alive today because he appeared to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment